[SWLUG] #swlug IRC

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:04:20 UTC 2005

i'm sure some of you have noticed that we have once again arrived at a
split (and i don't mean netsplit) of opinion.  clearly many of you
would like to stay with freenode and others would like to shift to
oftc.

i'm the undecided vote on the dubious swlug poll
(http://www.swlug.org/) as IMHO most IRC servers suck.  As much as
freenode has been rather dire lately it's probably only a matter of
time until oftc suffers the same fate.

so, if you have any reasons - pros and cons as to why we should chose
$IRC-Network then could you let me know?  it's a bit rubbish at the
moment on irc having to sit on two servers for what should be the same
channel.