[SWLUG] #swlug IRC channel location - reasons to move

Pete Prior swlug at nermal.org
Mon Aug 15 13:52:12 UTC 2005

Hello Daaave.  Is that Daaave?  Ok.  Is Dave there?

Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Mon Aug 15 12:22:54 2005, Pete Prior wrote:
>
>> Maybe this split is a good thing.  It seems to have seperated out the
>> people who want to do something in the lug from the people are quite
>> happy with sitting back and doing nothing.
>>
>> Perhaps this split could be applied in ways other than online?
>>

> So basically, you're saying that if I don't agree with you, then
> therefore I cannot be in the same LUG?

Do you want to be?

Ironically, through the evidence linked to in my first email, you could
use that line with lilo and just replace "LUG" with "IRC Network".

Swlug isn't fun at times like these.  It's more I don't want to be in a
lug with a group of people who do nothing but shoot down suggestions and
offer smug , condescending comments.  What you do is up to you.

> Or, alternately, this is yet
> another ad hominem argument. I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure it
> matters. I'm just trying to provide a counter argument. You were good
> enough to construct some form of argument, therefore I will rise to the
> occasion and attempt to counter it. I assumed that was, well, the point
> of posting in the first place, wasn't it?

When looking at bait like this I understand why Gedge is a vegan.

It wasn't an argument at all.  It was merely an informed list of reasons
as to why I wanted to move, for the benefit of people such as lilg who
haven't been on freenode / openprojects very long and were confused as
to what all the fuss was about.

==snip==

> If it were down to me, we wouldn't be using IRC at all, incidentally.

Feel free to /quit at any time.  I'll see you at the lug tonight for
some non IRC interaction :)

Pete