[SWLUG] Re: Newbie alert!

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:21:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

On 8/17/05, Kris Zani <kriszani at iscavision.com> wrote:

> they are currently running a tutorial series on using emacs.  quite good
> since up till now I have been firing up nano for my console text editing.

Until recently I always struggled with Vi or Vim, but then I discovered
vimtutor (why does it take so long to find all this good stuff sometimes?).
If anyone is struggling with console editing, vimtutor is definitely a good
way to learn your way around, and it's all 'doing' rather than 'reading'.

I've never used nano, so excuse my ignorance.

Regards,
Glenn.