[SWLUG] Lightning Talks

Mark Summerfield mark at ptath.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 17:46:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

I think that the idea of having an evening (or a series of evenings)
with lightning talks is a good one. The kind of evening I imagine would
have maybe 4-6 lightning talks of 10-15 minutes each by different people
followed by time for discussion.

And if any talk proved especially popular, people could always ask that
speaker to do a longer talk on an evening dedicated to that subject
later on. It would certainly be nice to do them at Swansea Uni; (I don't
go to meetings because I can't tolerate the smoke in pubs).

I could give two talks for people with or without programming experience:
    - Introduction to regular expressions
    - Introduction to the lout typesetting language

I could give two talks for people with some programming experience:
    - GUI programming with PyQt
    - Changing from procedural to object-oriented programming

And I could give two talks for people with C++ programming experience:
    - GUI programming with C++/Qt
    - Writing C++ class libraries

--
Mark.