[SWLUG] Backing up took 3 days

James Diagmato at black0ps.com
Fri Dec 2 19:04:41 UTC 2005

lsmod |grep -i ehci returns:

ehci_hcd               32136  0
usbcore               112640  4 usb_storage,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

dmesg |grep -i ehci returns:

PCI0 PS2K PS2M UAR2 UAR1 AC97 USB1 USB2 USB3 USB4 EHCI PWRB SLPB
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.4: EHCI Host Controller
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.4: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 5
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.4: irq 5, io mem 0xf9e00000
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.4: USB 2.0 initialized, EHCI 1.00, driver 10 Dec 2004
usb 5-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2

Turning on the external drive was quite worrying, as its making a "worn
out" sound - it might just be the fan on the case, but the noise gets
louder and quieter every now and then, and some suspicious sounding
buzzing noise keeps appearing (the external drive is a normal hard drive
inside an external "case caddy"). However now it seems to have stopped
its noises, and just sounds alot quiter than when it was "healthy".

I cant work out anything from the two ouputs above, other than it knows
the device is there.

Thanks for the help

-James