[SWLUG] How to cope with superlarge file

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at wormtail.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 08:07:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:49 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> Neil Jones wrote:
>
> >Hi Folks,
> >
> >Anyone got any ideas on this one.
> >I am exploring an idea.  One of the possible options involves
> >downloading a .tar file that is around 300 _Giga_ bytes in size.

I don't know what fs you're using but with a 300GB file, e2fs is going
to grumble... it apparently has a 2GB maximum file size. I seem to be
missing part of this thread so I apologise if someone has already
pointed this out!

Could the file not be compressed for transit? May save you a couple of
days!

Foeh