[SWLUG] How I deal with Bank phishing

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 19:48:23 UTC 2005

On 14 Dec 2005, at 19:33, peter wrote:

> Neil Jones wrote:
>
>> I act on them. I go to the sites and fill in the forms with
>> completely
>> false details.
>>
> Which is just what they want you to do (except they'd like genuine
> data, but they're not that worried).  You've now proved your email
> is active.  Expect more junk.
>
> Peter

Only if there is tracking information in the url - there often isn't
- without that tracking data they have no way of knowing who dunnit.

--

Adam Rykala

"Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!
Death! Death! Death! Forth Éorlingas!"
Théoden- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King