[SWLUG] Installing Linux - Cardiff

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:37:07 UTC 2005

Frank smith wrote:
>HI All
>Now I have changed my email address maybe I can get back on the list!.
>
>Good subject re installing linux for the first time.
>
>I tried last week to install SUSE 9.1 Professional ( boxed retail
>version)
>
>1st attempt: failed to load all the modules but carried on anyway
>but then no login at all as root or anything else!
>
>2nd attempt:
>I got the login this time but no Gnome desktop at all.
>Tried all the usual stuff no luck.
>I note that KDE is the default so maybe I broke something.

KDE is the default in SuSe (9.1 Pro here) - odd what happened with the
modules (anything esoteric on the hardware front?).

I've found SuSe one of the better installers so its puzzling ;-)

	/Adam Rykala/
/adam at rykala.demon.co.uk/
	/Christ:
A man who was born at least 5,000 years ahead of his time.
/