[SWLUG] Re: Discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 14

Julian Hall linux at kaotic.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 12:23:01 UTC 2005

Frank smith wrote:

>HI
>Nothing esoteric on here, just my Nvidia card, which FC 3 refuses
>to load the latest drivers!
>
>Maybe I should have stuck with KDE but I prefer Gnome
>
>Bob

Hi Frank,

Try this link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6629.html

Download nVidia's installer, run that in a command line (as you're
updating X of course :)), follow the instructions (especially the
editing of XF86Config) and you should be OK :)  I have an nVidia Geforce
FX5200XT and it works superbly with this driver (which is a generic
nVidia driver written by them for Linux).

Kind regards,

Julian