[SWLUG] Re: Discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 19

Marcus Davage marcusdavage at onetel.com
Thu Jan 27 09:42:43 UTC 2005

Apart from a failed atttempt to put RedHat 2.x on my old P90 back in
1995/6, my
first experience with Linux was Mandrake 7.2. Each installation, 8.x, 9.x and
now 10.0 has been fine. I've only ever had to download extra support for my
winmodem. Mandrake gets my thumbs up!

WRT your problem, Alun, I must admit that Mdk 10.0 said it did not
recognise my
wheel modem either, even though it did actually work. This, I think, is a bug
in the control centre, but I might be wrong. Although I do not know the key
strokes you are after, you could try asking the following mandrake lists:

Mandrake-Linux at yahoogroups.com
newbie at linux-mandrake.com
expert at linux-mandrake.com

I've found them all to be helpful.