[SWLUG] Re: Wow, seen this on Slashdot?

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 20:18:45 UTC 2005

peter wrote:

>> It would really only be fair of Microsoft in this
>> instance to compare itself with Apple as really,
>> Windows is a rip-off of the Mac OS. IIRC, I was using
>> the Apple Mac 200 and 400 back in 1988 or 1989 and
>> Windows 1 came out in about 1990.
>>

> And the MacOS was a rip off of stuff done at Xerox Parc etc, etc.  As
> is KDE or GNOME for that matter.  Come on now, even Newton admitted to
> standing on the shoulders of giants, and he was no shrinking violet.
> Ask Leibniz.
>
> Anyway, if the NT codebase (which is what's currently in use, I think)
> is a ripoff of anything, it's a rip off of VME, isn't it?
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Peter

Rhys

Windows 1 is around 1986, 1990 would be 2.01/386 and the beginnings of
3.0 - cause thats when I started working in IT. The fun of SUn PC/NFS
and MS Dos....

Yep Win 1 is really old. And crap. At least they're consistent....... ;-)

	/Adam Rykala/
/adam at rykala.demon.co.uk/
	/Sattinger's Law:
It works better if you plug it in.