[SWLUG] John the Ripper (and the benefits of clear documentation)

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 22:34:02 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Foeh Mannay" <foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com>
To: <discuss at swlug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:35 PM
Subject: [SWLUG] John the Ripper (and the benefits of clear documentation)

> Hi, All.

Hi Foeh,

Just had an email from your old boss today ;)  I'm still giving him stick
even though I don't work there anymore ;)

Anyway, can you edit the charset you provide to John so that it only
includes the characters you think are in the password?  That way John will
use your cutdown selection because that will be all that is available :)

Cheers,

Julian