[SWLUG] Re: Accessing hard drive partitions

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:59:09 UTC 2005

[Sorry, I forgot 'Reply to all' the fist time]

It's probably safer to use PartitionImage rather than dd. It's also
included on the Knoppix CD. dd has too much risk of screwing up your
hard disk if you get a parameter wrong.

PartitionImage (might be PartImage on the menu) is easy to use and a
lot safer, especially when restoring partitions.

Neil.