[SWLUG] Reminder: Swansea Beach BBQ - 30th July

Justin justin at discordia.org.uk
Mon Jul 25 13:53:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 13:54 +0100, Pete Prior wrote:
> Location: Swansea bay. Walk onto the sand from the car park opposite
> Sketty Lane (that's the road that runs between Singleton Hospital and
> the University sports grounds), and you'll see it. If you've been to
> any of the SUCS beach parties you'll know where it is. If it's raining,
> we'll get wet.

Cant quite work out how to add a marker to the maps,
but this url is centered on the piece of beach we will be occupying.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?
ll=51.605291,-3.982941&spn=0.003646,0.007787&t=h&hl=en&z=0

Transport:

By Car: theres a car park on the beach side of mumbles road, entrance
via the traffic lights at the junction of it and sketty lane.

By Bus: Several bus routes run from the quadrant in the city centre
along mumbles road, take any route listed as 'university' and get off
in/outside the university. There is a footbridge from the university
across to the cycle/foot path that runs along the beach front.

By train: walk into the city centre and find the bus station (quadrant)

By foot/bike: there is a long path that runs around the length of the
bay from swansea marina to the mumbles. you cant miss it.