[SWLUG] Xandros in Windows Comp Mode pt 2

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 19:18:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 20:09 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:

> Dick Bain wrote:
>
> > ls -a
> > normally works ;-)
> > Dick
>
> Thanks Dick,
>
> OK I found .xsession-errors which Adam mentioned earlier.  It's huge.
> Should I delete it, try loading X and then see what it says?
>
> .xinitrc doesn't seem to exist.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

To see the last 100 lines of that file

tail -f -n 100 $HOME/.xsession-errors | more

any clues

(change 100 to 200 etc to go further back)

Adam Rykala
adam at rykala.demon.co.uk

-- > A hypothetical paradox: What would happen in a battle between an
Enterprise security team, who always get killed soon after appearing,
and a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, who can't hit the broad side of a
planet? -- Tom Galloway