[SWLUG] Employment agencies

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 00:09:04 UTC 2005

Tony Pursell wrote:

> And that's why I can't totally junk IE for Firefox...and so can't go to
>
>Linux full time..
>
>IE has Jobcentreplus as home page...Firefox has my real home page!

I've recently quit my last job - 7 years tech support in a callcentre -
hence why my brain now feels like a soggy dishmop.  I'm on the
jobsite.co.uk mailing list, but I find a LOT of their jobs are either
not in Wales, or only vaguely within the search parameters I set.

My main problem is that I've got where I am on ability, not
qualifications.  I'm not blowing my own trumpet, because it's a damned
nuisance to see jobs I feel I could do advertised *requiring* a degree.
I've got one A Level, and I'll be 35 in a few months.  Going back to
school wasn't on my "To Do" list.

Anyone have any ideas? ;)  I'm in a wheelchair, so nothing too physical
would be nice :)

Kind regards,

Julian