[SWLUG] Re: Giving up Windows

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Wed Mar 2 14:58:47 UTC 2005

Gerald Davies wrote:
> OTOH, I may just
> buy a wifi router and be done with it!!!

Precisely what I did - I got an earlier version of this from Dabs a
couple of years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/586wx

Cost £60 back then - half that now - hey ho. That runs my home network,
anyway - handles DHCP pretty well, although sometimes it gets its
knickers in a twist if I've plugged a load of different machines in
because it doesn't do a good job of flushing the IP cache... just FTP
into it, grab its table, edit it and put it back and it's fine.

Um, but yeah. Save yourself the grief, and the USB port, and get one of
them. I have a spare, but I think my stepdad's got his eye on it...

Steve