[SWLUG] Black list agencies

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Thu Mar 3 19:08:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 16:00 +0000, Foeh Mannay wrote:
> I would also concur - I spent about 9 months wasting my time with
> agencies off jobserve - by all accounts I never once got to speak to
> anyone useful (always on lunch or busy).

I experienced quite the opposite with Jobserve, I used to get lots of
calls from agents who had seen my CV on jobserve, as a contrast I think
I've only had 57 views of my CV on Monster over the last 6 months. My
new job was referred through Jobserve and up to Christmas and the few
weeks afterwards I was almost receiving a call a day from different job
agencies. I also have several friends who have just changed jobs in the
IT sector and I know that at least one of them also got theirs through
jobserve.

However I did find that chasing agencies up did not work, whenever I
followed up an advert on jobserve it always turned out to be false or
gone or the agency wouldn't answer. After my CV had been on jobsite for
about 4 months though and I had given up, the calls just started
flooding in.

The other side to this was that I was looking to move out of South Wales
and my friends were not based in South Wales, but I thought you'd all
like to know that not everyone has had a bad experience with jobserve.

Phil.