[SWLUG] Re windows explorer in linux

Alun alun.pd1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 14 16:46:19 UTC 2005

Have I made myself plain

Keith Edmunds says No! LOL

Ok I am running SUSE 9.2 with a KDE desktop

Installing RPM packages I dont know how to install/compile anything else

What I am after is when you do an install of a programme in Windows it will
create a folder in the programme manager so all you do is Click "start",
"Programmes" scroll to what ever programme you want and click on its start
Icon.

I know in KDE there is something similar where you will have the individual
programme folders like for instance "Internet" inside that folder will be
extra browsers, and email programmes to name but 2, the same applies for
Games office etc.

Now when you do an install from scratch the install programme puts all these
in their place.

However when you do an install of an extra package/programme it does not
seem to create a start icon anywhere, I can go to "Start", "Run" and type in
the name of the programme like "opera" and it will start, but I cannot find
a start icon for it in any of the existing folders, what I want to know ids
how do I get an icon into these folders and more importantly how do I find
it to begin with.

Thanks

OK Keith am I clear now? LOL