[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:52:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:39:04 +0000 (GMT), Rhys Sage <rhys_sage at yahoo.com> wrote:
> was solid metal. Thus I drilled a hole in the metal in
> order to access the other screw on the other side of
> the hard drive.
>
> Having done all that I found the drive to be secured
> by yet more screws - one of which was not visible and
> the other was covered by a metal strut that appeared
> to be spot-welded in place. I can't believe Dell
> builds a computer then spot-welds it so that it cannot
> be repaired!

umm, are you sure you opened the case correctly?  this is either a
windup or i sense incompetence.

unfortunately, i once worked with a chap - he was a sales person, in
his 60s.  he took his laptop home, but when he couldn't figure out how
to open it (e.g. pushing the button/clip) he decided to take a
screwdriver to it.

sigh.  it gets worse...

he then complained to a colleague of mine that the laptop was too
heavy and asked if he could remove some software to "make it lighter".
 i kid you not!  i couldn't make this up if i tried.