[SWLUG] Re: Broadband in Ponty

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:13:00 UTC 2005

> Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:45:00 +0000
> From: Steve Anderson <steve at twindx.com>
> Subject: Re: [SWLUG] Broadband in Ponty.
> To: Mike C <mike at iamthepenguin.com>
> Cc: discuss at swlug.org.uk
>
> Hiya Mike
>
> Mike C wrote:
[snip]
> > My question is, does anyone have a good recommendation for a broadband
> > provider? BT themselves do a good 2mb package but i'm a bit wary of them.
>
> ZenADSL. Once you've tried them, you won't leave them - but if you do
> decide to for whatever reason, you're not tied into long contracts
> (minimum contract - a month). For £25 a month you get the regular
> 512kbps line, which might seem a little steep compared to others but
> factor into that a block of 8 static IP addresses, the best customer
> service I've ever experienced, consistantly high quality connections and
> transfer rates (way more stable than the BT crap we have at work in
> Cardiff), no bandwidth capping and assistance in setting up MX records
> so your home-run mail server can talk to the likes of AOL... well, the
> list goes on.
>
> Seriously, they're good. My colleague joined up on my recommendation and
> was similarly blown away by just how good they are. And I'm not on a
> commission!

Another vote here for Zen.  I have been with them ever since our
village was enabled 17 months ago and I have nothing but praise for
the service and reliability.  They will even support Linux, provided
they know the answer, and on one occasion when the person I was
speaking to didn't know the answer, he asked me to ring back when I
had found out and tell him it so that he could help the next person
who asked.  I in fact found the answer on their own web-site.

Zen was the top ISP in this year's PCPro reliability and service
awards and consistently comes top on the ADSLguide website.

And I'm not on commission either. ;o)

Lisi