[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 17 08:20:51 UTC 2005

I can vouch for this too - I had an '89 vintage Dell and it was a dream
to work on - single thumb screw to open the case, which was nigh on
impossible to put back wrongly, single screw HDD platform, no-screw
drive rails, RAM, processor & jumpers right out of the way of everything
for easy maintenance - it was great. And it (486SX 25, 12MB) out
performed my brother's PC (486DX2 66, 16MB) on a lot of things thanks to
its on board HDD controller & 1 meg graphics card - very well spec'd for
the time - suspect it would still be useful now!