[SWLUG] DNS adress lookup etc

Peter peter at cyionics.com
Wed Mar 23 14:26:53 UTC 2005

Hi Neil

I run my own servers too but as socket services servers, the way I
get around the DNS lookup is to use no-ip.com

They have free names and you can also register your own then point
to your own fixed ip's etc.

I find it's great because I can create new sub names and point them
in seconds.

eg if I register fred.com

I can then have anything.fred.com points to ip xxxxxxxxx
		another.fred.com points to another ip

I'm sure there are other people too who offer this service.

For what it's worth that's what I do anyway

Pete

       Peter Chaisty FInstBE       e-Mail:  peter at cyionics.com
                          Cyionics Ltd	UK
                      Tel:  +44(0)1495 785570
            All email is scanned using Norton Antivirus