[SWLUG] Re: Motorola SB5100 cable modem

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 17:40:06 UTC 2005

On 23 Mar 2005 at 17:22, Julian Hall wrote:

> Gerald Davies wrote:
>
> >as secure as you make it ;-)
> >
> The Wifi router I have, Netgear FWG114P has Wifi, 128bit WEP

My Netgear DG834G has the lot as well.

> The only drawback is the online banking.  Historically the banks have
> always (foolishly in my opinion) stuck rigidly to only allowing
> customers to use Internet Explorer as their web browser, not making
> their websites compatible with anything else, e.g. Firefox.

Not true.  I have no problems on a range of bank and building soc sites
with Firefox.  Just one site's layout is a tiny bit mangled.  (The only site I
have found that won't handle Firefox is the Jobcentreplus website, and
McAfee virus scan needs IE to do updates - but that's my problem for
using Windows).

Tony Pursell