[SWLUG] Brain is not dead but needs help!

Geraint Edwards gedge-lists at yadn.org
Wed Mar 23 18:48:09 UTC 2005

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk> said
		(on Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 04:36:27PM +0000):
> This went off-list at some stage, so a quick summary: Plod is
> somewhere in Cardiff

I spoke to Telsa, and I'm within a mile of Plod.

> and he was interested in a general overview of Linux.

I was thinking of offering help - cos I know my way around Unix
(being a BSD/Solaris weenie) but wanted to learn more about Linux -
so thought that Plod and I could "learn together".

> But he also specifically wanted to get Samba
> working nicely (currently the Windows boxes won't see the Mandrake
> box); get the machine to call itself by the name he wants rather
> than blah-blah-custxxx.cdif.cable.ntl.com; and once he is happy with
> Linux, then later on run a website off the Linux box.

Well, that all sounds straighforward to me.  Depends how
Linux-specific you want it all, but I have taught Unix off and on
over the years (doesn't mean I'm any good at it, though!), but I
did get paid.

Plod - drop me a line, if you're still interested.

Telsa, after a long pause for breath, continued:
> Erm. I shall learn to write shorter sentences.

*That* I cannot help with.  Though here's some of my spare
punctuation to help - keep it for a verbose day:  ......,,,,;;;---

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org