[SWLUG] Coaster and Arson with Mandrake 10.1 Official/KDE 3.2

Stephanos stephanos at writeme.com
Sun Oct 30 18:57:47 UTC 2005

Dear All

Subject: Coaster 0.1 and Arson 0.9.7 with Mandrake 10.1 Official/KDE 3.2

I have finally obtained an external USB DVD/CD writer (Emprex) and
installed the above applications to enable me to burn to CD's.  I appear
not to be able to write multiple times to a CD R, which is something I
can do in Nero/Windows.

Coaster comes without any documentation that I can find.  I looked on
the Internet and nothing was available.  I was not able to figure out
how to use Coaster just by trial and error.  This might be the tool to
use as it had a button called "Add Session".  But this is not an easy
tool to figure out without documentation.

Arson came without documentation but their sourge force website on the
subject of burning files to CD was poor.
"5. How to use Arson
      How to create data CDs
       Select "Rename" from the RMB menu or press F2 to label the CD.
      How to make a bootable CD
       Set up a floppy to boot from...... "
Arson's own web pages where the documentation resides points out that
"*Multisession burning" is a feature they will add later.
I was however able to burn one file to a new blank CD R using Arson.

So anyone out there who knows of a gui cd burner appli that does
multisessions and uses KDE.

Hope to hear

Stephen