[SWLUG] linux newbie

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Tue Sep 6 08:50:19 UTC 2005

Lyn David Thomas wrote:

> Now that Snapes [*] in Wolverhampton has closed I tend to drink
> Glengettie, at least the packaging is bilingual and it is a good cup of
> tea.
>
> [*] A wonderful shop that had a window display that hadn't changed since
> the 1880s and still weighed tea out on wonderful brass scales and hand
> wrapped it in a sheet of paper tied up with sting... the string threaded
> through a decorative cast iron contraption.  The counter was a 16ft by
> 4ft by 6inch block of teak!  Wonderful place, and cheep - generations of
> working men bought their tea there.  Now closed and moved to the Black
> Country museum.  Before it closed I'd buy months supplies of tea there
> and bring it back to Cardiff.

That sounds like tea heaven to me. I can imagine the smell... mmm.

Glengettie makes a really good cup of tea, but I find myself drawn to
Welsh Brew more. Glengettie's packaging has an air of self-importance.
Like any Apple hardware =) </flames>

I really love that a conversation for Linux newbies has leveled out at
discussing the finer points of tea as well! In my head, the tea tasters
at Twining are currently talking someone through a Gentoo install =)

Steve