[SWLUG] bbc climate model

James Diagmato at black0ps.com
Sun Apr 2 18:04:59 UTC 2006

I was running it, but after looking at its progress after 3 weeks and
only seeing 6%, I closed it, and deleted it. Id much rather have seen an
option for it to make more use of the resources - instead it just
toddled along extremely slow as if I was busy on the pc all day.  Then
again, I cant help wondering whether its just an over-bloated system
(remind me never to tick all software packages when installing). That,
and amarok was always running (albeit, not actually playing anything).

Another problem is that the climate models deadline is in May. That
leaves one month to get 100% done (unless May is just when results are
shown on the news).