[SWLUG] Re: Thunderbird Spell Checker

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 17:05:38 UTC 2006

Julian Hall wrote:
> I must be sad, replying to my own emails ;)  Anyway, to remove any
> unused dictionaries there is no function, it's done manually.
>
> Close Thunderbird.
>
> Go to the Thunderbird install folder, then components -> myspell:
> Delete the .dic, .aff and README- files for the unwanted
> dictionaries.  Then restart Thunderbird.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian
>
> PS I still haven't checked this on the Linux version yet - one thing
> at a time :)
I'll stop talking to myself in a minute - honest! ;)

I remember from the last time this topic was discussed issues with
people (me among them) having updated the Linux version and only having
v1.07 installed.  Instead of messing about with dictionaries I've just
found links to *localised* versions of Linux on this page:

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html

So you can download the latest version *and kill off the US dictionary*
in one go :)

Kind regards,

Julian

Shushing up now, honest ;)