[SWLUG] Just a thought - [well.. two thoughts actually]

Ace Ironballs ace_ironballs at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 12 00:06:35 UTC 2006

Hi everyone

  I wonder if anybody could recommend a simple linux OS. The reason i ask is.. I installed Ubuntu 6 on my old computer and I don't think my computer is up to the job of running this OS.. I then tried puppy linux and had a really quick and responsive [and impressive] linux OS on disc - The picture was stable and the response to commands very quick - I know puppy only uses RAM and is very basic. I just wondered if any of you could recommend a not too demanding Linux OS that would breathe new life into my old 8 Gb computer. I have been buying random Linux OS off ebay and i don't seem to be getting anywhere very fast - So i thought i'd consult you guys before i buy another.
  Also i would be very grateful if any of you guys could recommend a modem router that is easy for using a Linux OS - [cheaper the better]

  I'd really appreciate a shove in the right direction - Many thanks

  Mark