[SWLUG] Job as linux sys admin in Princess of Wales hospital Bridgend

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 18:26:40 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Our sys admin has handed in his notice to move to pastures new. The post
becomes vacant in 6 weeks time.

The job entails maintaining all our servers (apache web, internal NFS,
mail server with postfix, DNS, firewall), maintaining our web sites
using a mixture of docbook XML (for www.worldwidewounds.com, our
electronic woundcare journal), Zope/Plone, and hand coded html
www.smtl.co.uk, www.dressings.org), looking after our workstations (all
running Suse 9.3-10.0 at the moment), and general IT duties - backups,
printers, maintenance, upgrading etc. Also opportunities for perl coding
 for the docbook XML -> html scripts we use. We have a superb library of
UNIX/Linux books, and subs to SysAdmin, LJ, etc. High on our agenda at
the moment is deployment of a new web server, doing a new www.smtl.co.uk
web site (yeah - I know - that looks pretty gruesome now! to be fair I
did code it in around 1996 and haven't done a great deal with it since
then), and structuring and deploying a completely new medical device and
dressings web site in Zope/Plone.

The salary is currently in the 17k-25k area (NHS A&C grade 6), and the
job description is under review for the NHS Agenda for Change.

The lab employs around 17 scientists/admin staff, and is funded by the
Welsh Assembly Government to provide medical device testing and
technical support to the Welsh NHS, as well as commercial testing to
industry. It is a relaxed, flexible and friendly place to work (IMHO).

Email me if you would like a copy of the Job Description.

If you know of someone who may fit the bill, please pass on these details.

You can contact me at:

	pete at smtl.co.uk
	Tel: 01656-752820

Cheers,