[SWLUG] mass marketing Linux?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Feb 13 20:40:13 UTC 2006

On Mon Feb 13 19:33:55 2006, Glasiad wrote:
> [TEXT/HTML body]

I've actually written the reformatter for this just not yet plugged
it into the code, but still - plain text - ideally format=flowed - is
always better on any mailing list. It's also smaller, by a sizeable
margin, and works better on constrained devices.

Now, moving on...

What my company has been known to do with machines like this is
install Ubuntu on them for use as email/web workstations. We've at
least one customer who specifically asked for this, so their "work"
computer (which has all the accounts on, etc) is not connected to the
Internet, whereas the Ubuntu machine is.

We stuck with GNOME for this particular customer, and he's perfectly
happy with it. This is someone who had never used Linux before, and
we've had one support call back from it. He's now quite keen to
switch his work machine, but with the accounts data, that's a little
more involved.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"