[SWLUG] Introduction

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:02:49 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, Huw Lynes <H.Lynes at wesc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Sorry I should have been more specific. Accounts in the 25-30GB/month
> range seem to be reasonable in terms of price/performance. I don't mind
> paying for bandwidth I'm using. Decent service levels are more important
> to me than cost.

For all their flaws, NTL have supposedly removed the 1GB/day cap from
their 1Mbit and 2Mbit services, the cable modem is 100% hardware (no
funky firmware drivers required) and has an Ethernet connection, which
is handy if you want to have a reasonable degree of control over
firewalling, NAT, etc. without spending huge amounts of money on good
kit.  While their customer service is somewhat lacking, once
everything is working the uptime is generally good (typically >99%).

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities