[SWLUG] Introduction

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 14:45:37 UTC 2006

Huw Lynes wrote:
> Getting cable into my second-floor flat might be more hassle than I'm
> willing to go through. ADSL + router is an easier solution.

Generally, they're not too bad. I've had in installed in a third-floor
bedroom and a first-floor bedroom without any problems.

You will probably need to have a chat with the Landlord first though, as
being the owner of the property, they need to give permission for NTL to
be installed (if it hasn't been already).

If it's already in the house, they can just run up another box.

Also, given the choice between ADSL and Cable, I'd go with cable every
time. ADSL is no-where near as stable as Cable, esp. when you're
saturating the up- or down-load streams.

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.14-gentoo-r2-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

  "This is what's wrong with the media," I said. "You show  a  fringe
  position. You show one point of view. You're closing the  minds  of
  the people by not showing them what the reality is." I got  up  and
  walked out, and I've never been asked back again."

                                                     ~ Kathleen Nolan