[SWLUG] Introduction/ ADSL in cardiff

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 14:49:19 UTC 2006

Plod wrote:
> One other thing to consider with the ADSL route is where you are in Cardiff.  The BT infrastructure is old in parts and cannot support it.  I cannot get ADSL, but my neighbour across the street can.  In fact another friend who runs a shop has ADSL, but on behalf of the business next door.  His shop can get it but right next door can't, and he is located right on death junction. (City Road/ Albany road.

A mate of mine had the same with NTL - he lived in the only house in the
street which couldn't be connected to Cable. They just ran out of spaces
in the distribution box on the street (the 'little' green boxes).
Nothing they, or he, could do!

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.14-gentoo-r2-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                    ~ Denise McCanles