[SWLUG] linux-friendly internet connectors

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 17:58:02 UTC 2006

Glasiad wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have any experience with eTec adsl modems and
> can they be configured to work with a Linux OS?
>
> If the answer is no to either or both parts of that question, what may I
> ask is an easy and affordable solution to getting a Linux box hooked up
> to the internet available to us here in Wales?

I've not had much experience with an eTec ADSL modem, although the IPCop
forum may be a good place to look (http://www.ipcops.org/ IIRC). As
IPCop is a linux-based router, they may have some information about it
there.

As for connection - I (as you may guess ;) use IPCop, and that works
well with a Connexant PCI ADSL Modem - been running now for over a year
and for many weeks connected at a time (record I think is just under three).

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.14-gentoo-r2-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                        ~ Lynn Lavner