[SWLUG] Ubuntu

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Wed Jul 5 15:03:07 UTC 2006

> Ditto. I couldn't get on with Mambo. My only complaints about
> Drupal on Ubuntu are that :

My advice for trying out php based cms systems is do it from a tarball
rather than the distribution provided packaging. This is especially
valid
about debian derived distros.

Most CMSes are very quick moving targets and you will want to watch out
for the security updates anyway.

Just be careful. Some of the CNS systems out there have put a lot of
focus on user friendly install, but compromise the security - for
example writable directories from the visible inside the webserver root.