[SWLUG] Apache PHP modules

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 18:00:49 UTC 2006

Peter Bradley wrote:

> Ah!  Right.  Yes, it was probably all those times I was messing about
> trying to get the ZendPlatform to work.  How should I proceed from
> here?  Because the file /etc/php.ini is just a symlink.  The real
> php.ini is in the Zend file system and presumably contains some
> Zend-specific stuff that will break Zend if I simply overwrite it with
> the new file ...
>
> I'm a bit stuck here.

It won't fix the problem - they're just old files or updates. There's
very little difference between a php.ini for version 4 and one for
version 5. The main issue here is the extensions directory and from what
you sent that looks fine.

How important is it that you have PHP4 installed as well? Could you
remove all instances of PHP and then just install PHP5. If we can get
just that working, we many have more success getting PHP4 alongside.

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.15-gentoo-r1-djnauk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                           ~ Jay Leno