[SWLUG] Three old pentium II/IIIs going free.

pbhj (swlug) swlug at alicious.com
Fri Jul 7 22:15:45 UTC 2006

You could try freecycling them too, check out the freecycle groups (on yahoo).

Basically you put up an offer, people come and collect the stuff. You have to
be a member to post things though.

Google it, I can't be bothered!

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 16:34, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> Going free to good home (ie, any home that isn't this one):
>
> 1: Compaq WS5000, dual pentium pro 200, and disc.
>
> 2: Dual pentium II/celeron 300/450, PC and SCSI disc 9GB (or thereabouts).
> Unknown quantity of RAM. Minitower. And a VGA monitor.
>
> 3: Pentium III 800(ish) PC, micro-ATX desktop.
>
> I typed those in from my husband's notes. I may have misunderstood his
> handwriting. For example, the Compaq at the top started as LI5S until
> he saw what I had put. Please use your intelligence on any obvious
> errors. I don't really care what specs they are. I care only that
> they depart this house. We have no transport, btw, so you have to
> pick them up yourself. We're in central Swansea: mail me off-list
> for contact details.
>
> If no-one wants them, they are going to the dum^Wermmmm, "municipal
> amenities" (or whatever it is). The council will pick "up to three"
> of them up, but charges £10 for each "up to three" (and you can only
> book one lot at once). I am told there are local charities who will
> pick things up similarly, but (sensibly!) they have set minimum specs
> of what they find worthwhile, and I don't know what they are. So you
> can see why I am keen for someone else to develop a sudden need for
> one or all of them. Therefore please find within yourself the urge
> to investigate clusters on pentiums, how many pentiums you can fit in
> a mini, or something which similarly requires a bunch of old but working
> computers.
>
> For the benefit of the archives, if you are reading this after the
> start of August 2006, it's too late. I shall have got fed up of them
> and arranged for them to be taken away by then. Somehow..
>
> Telsa

Linux ixthus 2.6.16.13pbhj #1 PREEMPT Fri May 5 21:37:32 BST 2006 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux