[SWLUG] Serial ports

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Mon Jul 31 13:04:21 UTC 2006

On 31/07/06, Huw Lynes <h.lynes at wesc.ac.uk> wrote:

> what happens when you run minicom with those settings pointed at ttyS0?
> It should behave the same as hyperterm letting you print letters to the
> till display.

My plan is to echo commands out to it, as opposed to just typing
things into the display, based on output from scripts. So, for
example, I could write something to grab my calendar from Google and
display the next event on it. The mention of Hyperterm is probably a
red herring, I was just testing it was working correctly.

Steve

--
Irregular Shed - http://www.twindx.com