[SWLUG] Meeting dates

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 11:02:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 10:37, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> Well, as telsa reports, the Swansea meetings have completely fizzled
> out, as had been predicted for a while.
>
> So, until people start to show an interest in reviving it, there will be
> no further scheduled meetings for Swansea.
>
> As this obvious messes up the previous attempts at a rota, i have
> scraped the entire thing, and await you lot, or rather just one of you
> for each venue, to tell me when you want them to be in future.
>
> Nermal has already piped up for the Cardiff crowd and suggested the 10th
> of the month. It will be interesting to see what effect that having the
> occasional weekend meeting will have.  As a result the next Cardiff
> meeting is now Monday 10th April.
>
> Could some regular attendee of the Carmarthen meeting please suggest a
> day/date/whatever for their venue, doesnt have to follow the same scheme
> as Cardiff, just has to be simple and predictable.

I don't actually live in Carmarthen but I am a pretty regular attender.
I would like to suggest the Fourth Thursday of the Month. Thursday is
Curry night at the venue and was the original meeting night. Picking the
Fourth Thursday avoids the problem of clashing with Cardiff and gives
the people from the middle like me who go to both ends opportunity to
attend both. There is also a certainty of a gap between them.

Incidentally I am not convinced the rota is the actual cause of the
problem but I do agree that a regular date may be easier. It may be
actually more to do with cycles in people attending.

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk