[SWLUG] Re: Quietest Meeting Ever

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 21:52:46 UTC 2006

Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> Be warned that when reading the above, I've no idea how that would
> actually work, and given SWLUG has a great deal of inertia (lots of
> busy people without the time to do this), it would be up to you to
> research it, and look into making it happen (bear in mind the issue
> with laptops).  If you're around for the next LUG meeting in Cardiff,
> there'll probably be someone there who might know something.
>
> Good luck,

Just a thought.  The PCs in UWIC all have front-mounted USB ports.  If
the ones in Cardiff University have as well, and it was just a matter of
demonstrating how to do X in Linux, couldn't a small distro on a USB
stick suffice?  Assuming the BIOS is set to allow boot from USB of
course.  Non-invasive to the installation but useful enough for
demonstration purposes.  Failing that a Live distro on a CD.

Kind regards,

Julian