[SWLUG] IRC

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Fri Mar 31 10:14:43 UTC 2006

> On Fri Mar 31 01:07:11 2006, Emyr Derfel wrote:
> > So can someone explain:
> > 1. Why are we still using a)IRC and b)an email Discussion Server as
> > our chosen forms of communication?

> Yeah... But all the advantages you quote there are the property of
> your mailstore and the interface to it. Personally, I infinitely
> prefer the searchability I get with keeping SWLUG in an IMAP store,
> and searching it with an IMAP client - I do have the advantage I can
> code in the search facilities I need.
Well, if you want I can setup an experimental email->forum->email site.
know that drupal will require very little convincing to do that. It will
bring searchability, et al, but Justin's points about administrating it
still hold. And I wouldn't dare think about comment spam - that's a
hassle
of it's own magnitude. (I know that there are solutions)

Messy quoting is just a matter of quoter's common sence. No software
solution will ever be perfect.