[SWLUG] IRC

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Mar 31 12:29:40 UTC 2006

On Fri Mar 31 11:14:43 2006, vlado wrote:
> Messy quoting is just a matter of quoter's common sence. No software
> solution will ever be perfect.

Well, true, but a consistent markup indicating what is quoted, and
(and least in general) where from, is quite useful. format=flowed
provides this, as does HTML (although very few email clients generate
the properly marked up HTML the specs say to use for email, which is
exceedingly well marked up).

There's a lot to be said for good application of common sense, though.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"
    - George Bernard Shaw