[SWLUG] problems with konqueror

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sun Nov 26 21:49:22 UTC 2006

i have konqueror 3.4.2 in mandriva 2006, just recently i found that it
crashes, apparently randomly, when opening a page, however the page has to be
one from the same site, namely slashdot.org, every (i haven't actually
counted) 4-10 page requests, whether in a new instance or in a tab will
result in konqueror crashing before the page can be seen at all, this has not
happened with any other site requested,
since this is site specific and there has been no change to my system that i
can think of, i believe that the issue is slashdot itself, only that also
seems unlikely, my best guess is that there is an advert that they have
started using that is causing this, since i believe the adverts are rotated
quite quickly this would explain why i can request the same page in a new
instance of konqueror straight away and not have it crash,
question: has anyone else seen this? because if the problem is my machine then
it's a very odd one

bascule
--
"Something's rotten in the state of denmark, and Hamlet's taking out the
trash!"