[SWLUG] Alans machines

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Sep 13 09:45:56 UTC 2006

Ar Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 09:59:57AM +0100, ysgrifennodd Andrew Sprott:
> A few months ago Alan gave us two of his dual-core computers. They haven't got
> a lot of RAM and are pretty much wasted with Windows, but they don't work
> very well with Ubuntu.
>
> Is there a modern compact distro that would be suitable for these machines?

We were running Fedora on both. I'm not sure that you would now be
able to (re)install Fedora on the 64Mb RAM one without some messing
about (ie text install, minimum install, stick yum on it, yum update
anything vital), but it ought to go back onto the 128Mb box fine.

Failing that, Debian is the traditional route :)

Telsa
`