[SWLUG] Hard Drive Nortons and KNoppix

AlunPD alun.pd1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 14 23:55:16 UTC 2006

I have this problem with a friends HDD, thanks for info on getting a live
distro to transfer files.

This HDD when I ran Nortons through it gave up a message "Boot record could
not be repaired".

So boot it up with Knoppix it finds the HDD which is more than Windows does,
I change the properties to write etc from it like as has been suggested.

The thing is what I get is a message titled "Could not mount device the
reported error was:"

Mount: I could not determine the file system type and none was specified.

Any clues please and where woud I tell the properties section how to find
the file system type and exactly how to insert it.

Thanks

Alun