[SWLUG] Pooling Hardware (was Alans machines)

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:57:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 16/09/06, Neil Greenwood <neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/09/06, Kris Zani <kriszani at iscavision.com> wrote:

> any opinions.

Excellent plan.

> I've got loads of hardware lying around that I could donate. I'll
> start making a list...

Ditto. An accumulation of 'stuff' from over 20 years of geekdom has
left me with a shed full of stuff that I no longer use.

I'll embark on a list. I'd prefer it went to a 'worthy' cause (schools is a
good idea)
but frankly it would do me a favour to just get shot of it. I don't suppose
anyone
would have a use for my 5.25" full height 5MB Seagate drive though... it's
actually a decent doorstop anyway :-)

As an aside, what is oldest piece of hardware you own that remains useful?
I have a Miracom Courier modem that started life as a 2400/9600HST
(bought on the 'sysop deal' way back) that has been upgraded lots of times,
and is now a "V.Everything" and still works a treat. Anything older out
there
that remains 'current'?

Regards,

Glenn.