[SWLUG] Good news from BBC for a change...

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:22:07 UTC 2007

On 07/08/07, Andrew Price <andy at andrewprice.me.uk> wrote:
> On 07/08/07 09:35, Davage, Marcus wrote:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6933859.stm
> > <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6933859.stm>
> >
> > Lenovo to offer Linux on laptops
> >
> > Lenovo, one of the world's biggest PC manufacturers, is to start selling
> > laptops to business and consumers with Linux pre-installed on the machines.

I saw on another mailing list (ubuntu-uk) that Dell has extended their
offering to the UK from the 8th August:

  To: British Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>
  Date: 07-Aug-2007 12:32
  Subject: [ubuntu-uk] DELL w/Ubuntu available in the UK
  Canonical announced today that DELL machines are available in the UK,
  France and Germany.

  http://www.ubuntu.com/news/dell-available-in-europe

Only the Inspiron laptops seem to be available at the mo...

Hwyl,
Neil.

P.S. Sorry Andy, I keep forgetting to 'Reply to All' on this list!