[SWLUG] Open PVRs [ was petition against BBC's Windows-only iPlayer]

Philip Barnes phil at trig222.f9.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 18:11:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 13:57 +0100, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Philip Barnes wrote:
>
> > My main linux box, running Fedora 7, with a Kworld DVB-T 220 PCI card
> > fitted. The card has both analogue and digital, although I have not used
> > the analogue tuner on Fedora 7, it did work on FC6 but once I had got it
> > going I never used it again. The card uses the Philips SAA7134 chipset.
>
> Hmm...  My Nova-S-Plus has an SAA7134 analogue device (ISTR), but I've
> never managed to get it's audio input working.  (Running Fedora 6)

Had forgotten that problem. I originally tried to get the analogue tuner
on the card working with TV Time, it did work kind of. The only way I
could get any sound out of it was to link the audio socket on the card
to the audio capture on the PC. I never managed to get it to work
properly.

At the time my system was dual boot (fedora/XP), the sound did work in
windows. Have since moved XP into a VM, only need it for DRM'd stuff,
but I did find that VMware cannot handle PCI, which prompted me down the
get DTV working with linux path.

Now the card works just fine for me, kaffeine is great, I get a full
complement of freeview channels and the fact that analogue doesn't work
very well doesn't really matter.

Phil